Phil Cannella works with
American retirees who want to sleep well knowing their nest egg is safe and sound. One of the financial lessons he teaches is something many people don’t realize, which is that the insurance industry can be their number one ally.
Phil Cannella calls insurance products “sleep well accounts” because they allow you to sleep well no matter what the economic conditions are. If the markets go up, you sleep well knowing that you’re making money. If they go down, you still sleep well because you don’t have to keep your eyes glued to the news to determine how much money you’re losing. Phil Cannella suggests them because they provide the best-case scenario, protecting your portfolio against downswings, while still allowing growth during upswings.
- Benefits of “Sleep Well Accounts”
- They are tax-deferred insurance annuities
- They provide you with a steady stream of income
- They virtually guarantee you won’t lose your principal
- You are protected even if the insurance company holding your account goes out of business
- Your account is 100% insured
As a retiree or a senior coming up on retirement, there are financial vehicles you should be avoiding and financial vehicles you should be using, just as there are financial advisors you should be staying away from and financial specialists you should be putting your trust in. Read Phil Cannella’s book, Crash Proof Retirement: The Planning Isn’t Over, to learn more financial tips like this.